QCon New York 2014 (Jun 11-13): Track Topics Announced; Featuring OSGi DevCon 2014
With registrations well ahead of last year, the third annual QCon New York (June 9-13, 2014) is on track to being the largest east coast event designed exclusively for senior practitioners: team leads, architects, software engineers, and project managers. Register before Feb 15th and save $600 for both events.
The 15 track themes for QCon New York 2014 are now final along with the tracks-to-days schedule.
This year's technical tracks include:
- Hot Technologies behind Modern Finance - Modern technologies for high-performance financial systems.
- Continuous Delivery - Automating and improving the process of software delivery
- Architectures You've Always Wondered About - Learn real world lessons from well-know, high-volume apps
- Applied Data Science and Machine Learning - Solving real world problems with data.
- Java Innovations - The Latest Trends in Java Technology The latest Java features, new JVM languages and optimizing performance.
- Software Architecture Improvements - How to fight design erosion, accidental complexity and other architecture evils.
- Creating Culture - How to build a compelling culture for your engineering team
- Everything as a Service (XaaS): Web APIs - Best practices and novel approaches for service APIs.
See the complete list of tracks.
The following sessions and speakers have also been confirmed for QCon New York 2014:
- End to End Reactive Programming at Netflix, by Jafar Husain, Technical Lead at Netflix
- Creating A RESTful Standard for your Company - Best Practices, by Mark Herschberg, CTO at Madison Logic
- 10 Reasons Why Developers Hate Your API, by John Musser, Founder ProgrammableWeb.com
- Architecture for Asynchronous Web APIs, by Todd Montgomery, VP Architecture 29West
OSGi DevCon 2014 to Co-Locate with QCon New York
We are pleased to announce that OSGi DevCon 2014 will be co-located with QCon New York 2014 at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. Attendees of QCon New York and OSGi DevCon will be able to join any of the QCon New York and OSGi DevCon sessions and events. There will be plenty of opportunities to network with attendees from either conference especially at the following QCon social events - the Welcome Party, Exhibitors Reception and Meet and Greet Reception. It is the first time that OSGi DevCon will be coming to New York.
OSGi DevCon, now in its 8th year, is one of the most important annual conferences focusing on OSGi technology and brings together architects, developers, OSGi Alliance members and OSGi experts from around the world. The program for OSGi DevCon will be announced in April and you have the opportunity to feature within it. The OSGi Alliance has a Call For Presentations which is open now through February 28 and submissions are welcome from all.
Registration for QCon New York is $1,695 ($600 off) for the 3-day conference (including OSGi DevCon). Register now to receive the best rate available.
Corporate and group discounts are also available. Please email email@example.com for details.
(Note to interested speakers: while there is no formal call-for-papers for QCon New York 2014, you can still submit a talk for consideration)
Steven Ihde,Karan Parikh Mar 29, 2015