QCon San Francisco Update (Nov 3-7, 2014): Tracks Announced, Registrations Up 875%
QCon San Francisco 2014, the 8th annual practitioner-driven conference designed for team leads, architects and project managers will host more than 100 speakers, 15 concurrent tracks, open spaces, and many opportunities for networking. Track topics have been finalized and published to the conference website. Registrations for the event - which has been completely sold out for the past four years - are up 875% compared to the same time last year. Register before Jul 26th and save $700.
Track topics/themes for this year's conference include:
- Managing Microservices @ Scale: How companies with hundreds of fine-grained Web services (e.g. Netflix, LinkedIn) manage the complexity
- The Future of Mobile: The future of mobile and performance improvements
- Java at the Cutting Edge: The latest and greatest in the Java ecosystem
- Continuous Delivery: Continuous Delivery philosophies, cultures, hiccups, and best practices
- Engineering Culture: Successes and failures in creating an engineering culture
- Applied Machine Learning and Data Science: Understand your Big Big Data
- Unleashing the Power of Streaming Data: How companies are leveraging new data stream processing paradigms to solve business and engineering problems
- Next gen HTML5 and JS: The web is changing, what's coming next?
- Containers, Dockers, Puppets: Large scale deployment: automating deployments in the real world
- Measuring Engineering and Product Success: Strategies to measure and track progress
- Real World Functional: Putting functional programming concepts to work in the real world
- Modern Computer Science In the Real World: How modern CS can help you tackle today's problems
- Reactive Service Architecture: Reactive, responsive, fault tolerant and more
- The Hottest Tech in the World of Big Data: What's new in the world of Big Data technology
- Architectures You've Always Wondered about: The newest and biggest Internet architectures
Last year’s event - which featured talks from companies like Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google - brought together over 950 practitioners who saw presentations from speakers like:
- Dianne Marsh - Netflix Cloud Director of Engineering
- Jeff Hammerbacher - Cloudera Founder, Created Facebook's Data Science practice
- Rich Hickey - Creator of Clojure, Datomic
- Keith Adams - Co-Founder of Facebook's HHVM Runtime
- Eric Evans - Creator, Domain-Driven Design
- Arun Murthy - Lead of the MapReduce project in Apache Hadoop
- Gilad Bracha - Co-author of Java, Creator of Newspeak
- Erik Meijer - Creator Reactive Extensions, LINQ
- Martin Thompson - High Performance & Low Latency Specialist
Full coverage from last year's event can be found here.
Registration is $1,695 (a $700 savings) for the 3 day event until July 26th, and increases afterwards every month. QCon is produced by InfoQ.com.
Note: QCon discounts are available on groups as small as 3 attendees. To qualify for special QConSF savings, you must register your group at the same time. For more details and to apply for a discount code, please contact email@example.com.
Laurie Williams and Catherine Louis Nov 28, 2014
Edmund Jorgensen Nov 27, 2014
Lisa Adkins and Michael Spayd Nov 27, 2014