QCon SF Update (Nov 3-7, 2014): Walmart Labs, Netflix, Twitter Talks Confirmed; Registrations up 50%
With registrations up 50% and 24/100 speakers confirmed, the 8th annual QCon San Francisco (Nov 3-7, 2014) is expected to draw over 1,000 team leads, architects, engineering directors, and project managers for three days of practitioner-delivered talks. The tracks-to-days schedule along with the confirmed list of tutorials have been published. Register before Aug 23rd and save $600.
QCon starts with the 3-day conference from Monday thru Wednesday, followed by 2 days of tutorials on Thursday and Friday. The conference will feature over 100 speakers in 6 concurrent tracks daily covering the most timely and innovative topics driving the evolution of enterprise software development today.
Talks that have been confirmed so far include:
- Asynchronous Programming at Netflix, by Jafar Hussain, Tech Lead at Netflix
- Functional Systems @ Twitter, by Marius Eriksen, Infrastructure Engineer at Twitter
- Concurrency at Large-Scale: The Evolution to Reactive Microservices, by Randy Shoup, CTO at KIXEYE, former Dir. Google App Engine and eBay Chief Engineer
- Containerization is more than the new Virtualization, by Jérôme Petazzoni, Hacker at Docker Inc, Runs dotCloud's PAAS
- Reactive REST, by Jafar Hussain
- Continuous Delivery for the Rest of Us, by Lisa Van Gelder, Developer & Agile Coach, form. Senior Web Developer at the Guardian
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Keynote: Bruce Schneier, Security Guru
- Keynote: Leslie Lamport, Turing, Award Winner of Paxos and LaTeX
- Neha Narkhede, Principal Software Engineer at LinkedIn; Key contributor to Apache's Kafka and Apache Samza
- Ben Christensen, Software Engineer, Netflix API Platform
- Dan Glegg, Senior Software Engineer at Riot Games
The tutorials for QCon San Francisco 2014 will take place on November 6th and 7th. There will be half-day and full-day tutorials, with over 12 options. Currently confirmed tutorial topics include:
- Machine Learning with Scalding and scikit-learn
- Java 8
- Web Components
- RxJava on the server
- Gradle hands-on
- Swift Programming
Note: A tutorial selection full refund is available until Sept. 2nd. See details.
Registration is $1,795 (a $600 savings) for the 3-day conference until August 23rd, and increases afterwards every month. QCon is produced by InfoQ.com.
Note: QCon discounts are available on groups as small as 3 attendees. To qualify for special QConSF savings, you must register your group at the same time. For more details and to apply for a discount code, please contact email@example.com.
Laurie Williams and Catherine Louis Nov 28, 2014
Edmund Jorgensen Nov 27, 2014
Lisa Adkins and Michael Spayd Nov 27, 2014