Bonita Cooperative Workflow 2 Released
Major new features in version 2 include XPDL support, a re-write of the iterations mechanism, JDK 1.5, internal timer services replaced by EJB 2.x timer service, iteration unit tests, and more. Bonita implements the following concepts:
Bonita is released via the ObjectWeb Consortium, and has a number of production deployments. Bonita is also available via JSR 168 portlets in Exo's enterprise content management project.
- A process is a set of activities. In BONITA, the term project is also used.
- An activity is an atomic unit of work. In BONITA, activities are also termed Nodes.
- A transition is a dependency expressing an order constraint between two activities. In BONITA, transitions are also termed Edges.
- A property is a workflow unit of data, commonly known as workflow relevant data.
- Hooks are the source code units that will be executes at runtime by the execution engines and which are associated to the workflow process activities. These hooks should be written in Java or in one of the object scripting lenguages available in Bonita (TCL, BeanShell).
- A mapper is a unit of work allowing dynamic role resolution at workflow instantiation.
- A performer assignment is a unit of work adding additional activity assignment rules at run time.
Story lead submitted by Valdes Faura Miguel.
Miguel Valdes Faura
Does BONITA only run with JoNaS, or it can be used with others Application Servers like JBoss??
There are some contributors working on support for other applications servers. Stay tunned, that's will be available pretty soon.
BTW, We have already started to work on Bonita v3 which will include support for EJB3 and will be independent of the application server.
Anyway, we have been working with the JOnAS team for a while and we think that JOnAS is really a great project so I also would like to suggest to those that never evaluated it to take a look to this open source project.