Development Tools for .NET Framework 3.0 August CTP
Things that are in this release include:
- XAML Intellisense support
- Project templates for the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Project templates for the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation integration
- The August CTP of Microsoft's XAML Designer, Cider
New features for Cider include a split view which allows you to view the designer and XAML at the same time. This is especially import and the designer does not support manipulating controls the StackPanel, DockPanel, or Canvas containers.
One note worthy tool is missing from this package, the designer for Windows Workflow Foundation. This was actually released separately a few days earlier under the title "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Extensions for Windows Workflow Foundation Release Candidate 5". Like the XAML designer, this isn't supported in the express editions of Visual Studio.
For more information on installing the various pieces that make up.NET 3.0, consult Paul Andrew's web log.
While the 3.0 Framework itself has already reached the release candidate stage, it appears the tools are still a long way off. So while you are waiting, you may want to try out some of the other XAML Designers currently available.