We take your privacy very seriously. Because we gather certain types of information about our users we want to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and how you can correct or change it.
The types of information we collect:
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Because we derive revenue mainly from advertising, collecting information is essential to keeping our services affordable to users.
We collect personally identifiable information, which includes name, title, address, phone number and e-mail address.
Use of single pixel gifs:
InfoQ, its third party service providers and advertisers may use single-pixel gif images, sometimes referred to as web bugs or web beacons, to count Web page accesses and gather some general statistical information. InfQ does not gather personal information through the use of these images. Our advertisers and third party providers may use single-pixel gifs that can track personal information from cookies that may have been previously placed on a user's computer.
We use tags when you register on the site and apply these tags to content you've read and advertising you've viewed in order to deliver content and advertising on a similar topic and make your viewing experience on InfoQ seamless and deliver content that is most meaningful to you. We share this information with advertisers only after you give us specific permission to do so.
The use of this information:
We use the information we gather for these purposes:
- To map the content and advertising to your interests and role.
- To send you information you agreed to receive such as our electronic newsletter, conference information and information from our advertisers that map to your interests.
- To show you InfoQ content, thru retargeting on pages that are part of the Google Ad Display network or on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies only when we have your consent to share the information.
We aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by our sites without registering.
We also give users the following options:
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt-in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the edit profile pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us.
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a site, provided, that you may not be able to utilize certain of our products or services without providing us with certain information.
You can correct or change the information collected during registration for any of our sites. The instructions for doing this can be found in the edit profile area on any of our site. Users may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems with our services or who have questions about how our services work can contact us using e-mail addresses at the bottom of this page.