TekPub is a web site devoted to developers, giving them a source of focused on-line training in various topics from Microsoft Entity Framework to writing your own blog engine using Ruby on Rails. They are an interesting case about company who started on ASP.NET MVC and quickly moved to Ruby on Rails. We had the opportunity to talk with them about their technology turnaround.
IronRuby is Microsoft's implementation of the Ruby language we all know and love with the added bonus of interoperability with the .NET framework. It's supported by the .NET Common Language Runtime as well as, albeit unofficially, the Mono project. This article gives an introduction to IronRuby, and discusses how to run Rails applications in IronRuby as well as potential issues to look out for.
Deploying HTML5 is a book written by Aditya Yadav, explaining the HTML5 standard components, showing how they are implemented across major browsers and providing code samples for using them.
Java 7 aims to improve support for dynamic languages through JSR 292. InfoQ takes a detailed look at the problems JSR 292 solves, and talks to JRuby lead Charles Nutter about JSR 292 in practice. 5
The main takeway points and lessons learned from QCon London 2010 as seen by the many attendees who blogged about QCon. Experience QCon through the opinions of the attendees!
InfoQ takes a look at how a combo of Clojure and Google AppEngine (GAE) powers a new online project management tool, how Clojure integrates with GAE's key/value store, and the power of LISP. 5
Scout is an extensible server and application monitoring service which focuses upon ease of installation and configuration.
The main takeway points and lessons learned from QCon San Francisco 2009 as seen by the many attendees who blogged about QCon. Experience QCon through the opinions of the attendees!
In part two of InfoQ's interview with the FlightCaster team, we discuss scaling Rails on Heroku, the problems of integrating data from multiple providers and mobile smartphone applications.
Joern Barthel introduces the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), and illustrates it's useage from a Ruby app with the open source RabbitMQ server on the backend (which is written in Erlang). 1
InfoQ has conducted a virtual panel with people from JIRA, FogBugz, Basecamp and MantisBT about the evolution of bug trackers and the future developments in this field. 3
FlightCaster, a flight delay prediction site, uses Clojure and Hadoop for the statistical analysis, with a Rails/Heroku frontend. We talked to Bradford Cross about Clojure and functional programming. 1
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
Featured Offers and Resources:
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- Break Down Barriers and Reduce Cycle Times with DevOps
- 5 Key Phases in Creating a Successful Mobile App
- Ushering in a New Era of APM for the Enterprise
- IDC Analyst Connection: The Case for SaaS Application Performance Management
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download