Ryan Dahl presents Node.js, what it is and how to program against it by exemplifying with code samples, and shows how to do highly scalable parallel programming with event-based processes.
Joe Walker explains Bespin, Mozilla’s open source web-based code editor, its architecture and chosen implementation solution, detailing some of its features like collaboration and version control.
Alex Buckley presents some of the challenges for JVM to become a universal virtual machine, serving the needs of Java and non-Java languages, being useful both to statically and dynamically-typed languages, and supporting an ever growing number of languages and their features targeting the platform.
Ben Hall shows how Ruby testing tools can help with .NET and ASP.NET development and takes a look at RSpec, Webrat, Cucumber, Selenium and others. Also: a peek at using IronRuby for testing .NET apps.
Micah Martin introduces Limelight, a JRuby GUI library that uses the theater metaphor for writing GUIs. The talk introduces basic concepts, how to style GUIs, and much more.
Neal Ford shows what ThoughtWorks learned from scaling Rails development: infrastructure, testing, messaging, optimization, performance.
Yehuda Katz explains Rails 3: the performance improvements, the new architecture, the influence of Merb, and much more. Also: a look at the Bundler tool.
Tom Enebo explains reasons for choosing JRuby: Hotspot optimizations, JVM Garbage Collectors, tools like profilers. Also: how JRuby helps to write cleaner, more expressive code with Java libraries.
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- DevOps All-In-One-Guide: Tools, Case Studies, Articles
- 5 Unsung Tools of DevOps
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download