Matthias Marschall contributes powerful tactical information for all users of Opscode Chef, from the beginner up to expert, in his recently published book "Chef Infrastructure Automation Cookbook". Beginners will gain progressive knowledge using open source tools and free services. The expert will find a starting point automating the configuration of production applications in data centers.
Traditional Infrastructure Operations roles are no longer scaleable. The traditional system admin or the network engineer or the engineering roles such as storage engineers are rapidly changing. The difference between a developer and operations engineer are becoming more and more invisible and will eventually dissolve. This is part of a massive shift in the IT Infrastructure Industry.
The Android Developer’s Cookbook is a solid reference book for mobile app developers that can serve as an authoritative guide for sound programming practices. A nice addition to a dev's book shelf.
Luke Kanies, CEO of Puppet Labs, discusses how software is taking over what have always been hardware functions, and how that shift is causing dramatic realignments in how people work together.
What is the relationship between Cloud Computing and DevOps? Cloud and DevOps are independent but mutually reinforcing strategies for delivering business value through IT.
Mitchell Hashimoto released his book "Vagrant up and running" which covers everything from basic Vagrant usage to extending its functionality.
In this article you will find guidance on how to get started realizing a Continuous Delivery vision, especially in the context of existing development and release environments in large enterprises.
For many, software delivery has been treated as an ancillary business process that, though very expensive, does not have the structure, rigor, or focus of other business processes. 2
Despite its title, “DevOps for Developers” is an introductory level book for anyone interested in DevOps, focusing on three perspectives: Metrics and Measurement View, Process View and Technical View. 1
David Josephsen recently published this book which contains best practices, lessons in operational theory focused on the usage of Nagios, and practical guidance for implementing Nagios. 2
In this issue Chris Williams tells the story of how Rafter grew from one developer taking care of system administration tasks to a full-fledged DevOps team that supports the whole business. 2
The number of jobs in a continuous integration tool can range from a few to several thousand, all performing various functions. There is an approach to manage these jobs in a more efficient manner. 1
CONTENT IN THIS BOX PROVIDED BY OUR SPONSOR
- Learn How Yellow Pages Improved App Performance by 20%
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery: How to Reduce Cycle Times
- Obama Campaign Improves App Performance by 90%: DevOps Case Study
- Mobile App Creation: 5 Key Phases for Success
- Infographic: State of the Mobile Stack
Get visibility across your entire software ecosystem in one single intuitive UI. One tool for all you’re programming languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, .NET, Python, iOS and Android.
New Relic is the only fully SaaS web app performance tool that monitors your entire application stack in real time with a single product and a single UI.
New Relic lets you:
- Increase visibility: Monitor your web or mobile app’s overall health, performance and availability
- Troubleshoot proactively: Quickly identify issues before they disrupt critical services & impact your bottom line
- Scale languages: Monitor your current languages and scale your APM to optimize your future needs
- Keeping the Mobile Enterprise Moving
- Breaking Down ApDex
- Your Application Toolkit – One Platform to Easily View All Metrics
- In Any Language: Adapting to the Polyglot Programming Challenge
- App Developers-Agents of Change and Influence
- Are Your Mobile Apps Really Enterprise Ready?
On Demand Webinars:
- The Advantages of Mobile Application Performance Monitoring
- The Business Case for APM in the Enterprise
- Engaging Mobile Users: Maintaining Relationships After the Download