Reporting tool Ruport releases version 1.2
Ruport has been gaining in popularity. Projects in need of professional looking reports, for instance, Jeremy McAnally's Google Summer of Code project dcov, use Ruport for formatting their results.
A new release, version 1.2, was just published and it comes with a useful set of improvements. New features in 1.2:
Users of Ruport interested in upgrading should watch out for the list of breaking changes in 1.2 to see if they need to update their code:
- Data::Feeder allows for custom transformations and filters on data
- Grouping#sigma added (Thanks Dave Nelson)
- Formatter::PDF#draw_text! will draw text at an absolute position, ignoring margins
- Formatter::Template provides a simple templating system for renderer options
An ongoing effort is the Ruport Book, a free book complementing the existing Ruport API documentation and demonstrating how to use Ruport. For more projects around Ruport, such as Rails support, see http://code.rubyreports.org/.
- acts_as_reportable now uses real association names
- Data::Table constructors now yield Data::Feeder objects instead of Data::Table
- append_hash, append_array, and append_record removed from Data::Table
- Renderer::Hooks changed signature for renderable_data() to renderable_data(format)
- Formatter::PDF#draw_text no longer changes the position of the drawing cursor
- Ruport 0.7 style stage building syntax removed·
Tom Gilb & Kai Gilb Jan 26, 2015