MonoDevelop reaches RTM
Late last week MonoDevelop reached RTM. MonoDevelop is targeted at Linux and Mac OS X developers building ASP.NET and Gnome applications. This release will have language support for C#, VB.NET, Java, Boo, C and C++.
Main Features of MonoDevelop:
- Customizable Workbench
- Code Completion
- Code Navigation
- GUI Designer for GTK# applications and management of custom GTK# widget libraries
- Integrated Support for Subversion
- Unit Testing based on NUnit
- Support for ASP.NET projects
- Integrated Database Explorer
- Integration with Monodoc
- Support for makefiles
- Support for Microsoft Visual Studio project formats
- Packaging system for generating tarballs, source code and binary packages
- Command line tools for building and managing projects.
- Support for localization projects.
- An extensible Add-In architecture
The release notes on the MonoDevelop site has many screenshots and in-depth information on the features listed above.
I've tried So Hard
Ian Culling, Andy Powell & Lee Cunningham Dec 11, 2013