Web Beans JSR 299 approved by JCP for further development
A number of people are calling Web Beans as a standardization of JBoss SEAM. Spec lead Gavin King insists that Seam standardizes some of the best features from a nubmer of frameworks, such as some of the first class constructs for modelling user interactions in use within frameworks like JBoss SEAM, Struts Shale, and Oracle ADF.
Some specifics from the proposal include:
- Changes to EJB 3 that will be needed for EJB's to act as JSF managed beans.
- Annotations for manipulating contextual variables in a stateful, contextual, component-based architecture.
- An enhanced context model including conversational and business process contexts.
- Extension points to allow the integration of business process management engines.
- Integration of Java Persistence API extended persistence contexts.
Support for this standard among the executive committee was strong and unanimous. BEA commented that Web Beans "appears to be a sufficient challenge to achieve, but, in light of the overwhelming support at this stage of the process, we are prepared to see it go ahead."
JSR 299 will be the first JSR ever led by JBoss. The expert group for the JSR will be formed over the next few weeks.
I like it
Todd Montgomery Dec 19, 2014
Juergen Hoeller,Stéphane Nicoll Dec 18, 2014