Performing Code Reviews helps to increase code quality, share knowledge and responsibility, and build better software and a better team. However, the big question remains – what is it we should be looking for? There are a lot of different things to consider. This article will list a wide range of items to check, and drill a little deeper into two specific areas: performance and security.
The Open API Initiative group is evolving what has become the de-facto standard API Description Format to produce a consistent and compatible format for describing APIs, allowing interoperation between tooling, systems, and runtime environments. Tony Tam, creator of the popular Swagger Specification is providing an update on the group activity.
Feature flags can superpower development, allowing faster features. But they can also be the worst kind of technical debt if misused or mismanaged. This article walks us through some horror stories of feature flags gone bad, and lessons learned.
Donald Knuth famously said, “We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time”. But when faced with the other 3%, it is good to know what’s going on behind the scenes. 2
Internet of Things (IoT) is an emerging technology. One of the areas of IoT is the connected vehicles. In this article, we'll use Spark and Kafka to analyse and process IoT connected vehicle's data. 4
Reactive programming is a specification for managing asynchronous streams of data and controlling flow. In this article we overcome the learning curve with a gentle progression of examples. 2
In their book "Relevant Search", Doug Turnbull and John Berryman focus on the challenge of providing search results by balancing the needs and intents of the user. 1
In this fifth installment of Apache Spark article series, author Srini Penchikala discusses Spark ML package and how to use it to create and manage machine learning data pipelines.
Standardizing Requirements Descriptions on Scrum Projects for Better Development and Testing Quality
Standardizing requirements descriptions on Scrum projects benefit development and testing quality by enablling full coverage, minimizing errors, and facilitating scheduling and requirements changes.
With a focus on the business case for a CQRS architecture, this article covers the core concepts of CQRS, and contrasts them with a common, n-tier architecture.
The flagship feature of Java 9 will be the new Java Platform Module System. In this article we compare JPMS and OSGi from a technical perspective and see how they can work together. 4
"Site Reliability Engineering - How Google Runs Production Systems" is an open window into Google's experience and expertise on running some of the largest IT systems in the world.