Ryan Slobojan discusses how to perform issue tracking, code review, commits and builds in an automated manner by integrating Git, Gerrit, Hudson and Mylyn.
Ryan Slobojan is a developer with Tasktop Technologies. At Tasktop, he works on a variety of tools and systems which make the lives of fellow developers much easier and less stressful. He has also been involved with InfoQ.com for many years (including as its Chief Editor), and has seen the incredible value provided by a high-caliber DevOps team through his experience at RoundTrip Networks.
Software is changing the world; QCon aims to empower software development by facilitating the spread of knowledge and innovation in the enterprise software development community; to achieve this, QCon is organized as a practitioner-driven conference designed for people influencing innovation in their teams: team leads, architects, project managers, engineering directors.
Additional presentation notes
- * Clickable versions of the links from the last page:
- www.infoq.com/articles/Gerrit-jenkins-hudson (article about how to integrate Gerrit and Hudkins)
- tasktop.com/blog/mylyn/contributing-to-mylyn-th... (article describing how to commit to Mylyn using Gerrit)
- tasktop.com/blog/eclipse/stage-build-review-wit... (article describing in detail the presentation demo setup)
- * For those wondering what happened at time index 47:00, I received a Skype call. Remember kids, always either shut down all IM clients or turn off your wifi before your presentation begins. :)
- * Unfortunately the cameraperson didn't record the demo part of the talk - however, if there's interest we can record a companion screencast and post it on YouTube or Vimeo or etc. Please let me know, either here as a comment, via Twitter (@Straxus) or via email (twitter username @gmail.com)
Re: Additional presentation notes