Testing Tools for .NET Developers
InfoQ's research widget has been deprecated. It should continue to work however, and we hope to relaunch it at some point in the future.
It often happens that the tools we rely on the most are also the most immature. We tolerate them because they fulfill an essential role. Other tools are really well designed, but aren’t important enough to justify the cost in time and money. And a rare few hit both marks. InfoQ wants to know which tools .NET testing tools you like to use and which you need to use.
InfoQ wants to know which .NET testing tools are first rate, which are immature and unreliable, and which are so important that you use them despite their failings.
Here are the options:
- ANTS Memory Profiler from Red Gate
- ANTS Performance Profiler from Red Gate
- Coded UI Test, a UI test framework in Visual Studio Premium.
- dotCover code coverage analyzer from JetBrains
- dotTrace performance and memory profiler from JetBrains
- IcuTest UI testing framework for WPF by NXS-7 Software
- Infragistics TestAdvantage a UI testing framework that works in conjunction with HP Unified Rational Testing
- JustMock, a mocking framework by Telerik
- Microsoft Fakes, a mocking framework in Visual Studio Premium
- Microsoft Test Manager, a Visual Studio-based tool for managing manually executed tests
- Mighty Moose continuous testing tool
- moq mocking library
- MSpec context/specification test framework
- MSTest, the unit test framework in Visual Studio
- NBehave, a behavior-driven development framework
- NCover code coverage analyzer from gnoso
- NCrunch automated concurrent testing tool for Visual Studio
- NUnit unit testing framework
- Rhini Mocks mocking library
- SciTech .NET Memory Profiler
- Silk Test UI test tool by Borland
- SpecFlow a behaviour-driven development framework
- SQL Load Test, a plugin for Visual Studio Load Test
- StorEvil, a behavior-driven development framework
- Telerik Test Studio, a UI testing tool
- TestDriven.NET, unit test running for Visual Studio
- TypeMock unit testing tools
- Visual Studio Memory Profiler
- Visual Studio Performance Profiler
- Visual Studio Load Test, part of VS Ultimate
- WCF Load Test
You're missing some tools!