Ruby On Rails State of Practice: Testing
InfoQ's research widget has been deprecated. It should continue to work however, and we hope to relaunch it at some point in the future.
In a first step (RFP), we asked you for suggestions. We received many answers, and after asking about deployment and management and frontend we now ask about testing. On the x-axis, you can show us what you’re using right now, or what you’ve moved away from and what you plan to adopt next. The y-axis indicates how valuable you think the specific technology or library is.
Here are the options:
- Capybara: acceptance test framework for web applications
- RSpec: BDD for Ruby
- Shoulda: makes your Ruby tests more readable
- Spork: testing server for your Rails tests
- Minitest: provides a complete suite of testing facilities (TDD, BDD, mocking, and benchmarking)
- Bacon: small RSpec clone
- Riot: fast and contextual unit testing framework