Silverlight 3 at Mix09
Microsoft will unveil Silverlight 3 at the Mix09 conference. Sessions will cover the improved graphics processing, media enhancements, and application development improvements in Silverlight 3:
- Deep Dive into Microsoft Silverlight Graphics Seema Ramchandani, Marshall Agnew
- What's New in Microsoft Silverlight 3 Joe Stegman
- What's New in Microsoft Silverlight 3 Media Larry Olson
Come hear about the Silverlight 3 rendering pipeline, and learn how to enhance your application experience with the latest additions to the Silverlight graphics APIs.
Hear about some of the new experience-oriented Silverlight 3 features, and see how to build applications for Silverlight 3 using Microsoft Expression Blend and Microsoft Visual Studio.
Come learn about the latest media features available with Microsoft Silverlight 3.
According to Scott Guthrie Silverlight 3 will include the following:
- Major media enhancements, including H.264 video support -- streaming HD
- Major graphics improvements, including 3D support and GPU hardware acceleration
- Major application development improvements, including richer data-binding support and additional controls
Note these are just a small sampling of the improvements—we have plenty of additional cool features we are going to keep up our sleeves a little longer. Next year Visual Studio and Visual Web Developer Express will also support a fully editable and interactive designer for Silverlight, and add tool support for data-binding.
Expect Silverlight 3 to be released in 2009, with a new roadmap released at Mix09.
Yousef Awad May 16, 2016
Jason McGee of IBM Talks about Open Source Projects and the Interactions at the Collaboration Summit
Jason McGee May 15, 2016
Srini Penchikala May 15, 2016