SQL Enlight T-SQL Analyzer
Ubitsoft has released a new version of SQL Enlight, their tool designed to expedite and facilitate T-SQL development. SQL Enlight provides code convention verification and coding standards enforcement similar to tools like StyleCop/FxCop; it also provides design-time analysis and templating similar to ReSharper or CodeRush. SQL Enlight integrates into MS Visual Studio and SQL Management Studio, and SQL Englight also provides a command line interface and MSBuild tasks to generate XML reports of analysis rule violations.
SQL Enlight has following features:
- Reformat T-SQL code with set of customizable rules Formatting rules can be grouped into layout templates that can be switched between as desired.
- Analyze T-SQL code using set of static analysis rules The Analysis Script feature can be used to identify common performance and database objects naming problems in the T-SQL code.
- Summarize T-SQL script Similar to the Class Viewer, Transact-SQL Script Summary can help the developers and database administrators to identify components of long SQL scripts. The Script Summary provides a hierarchically structured summary of all batches and statements in the current T-SQL script.
- Refactoring - Encapsulate T-SQL script as stored procedure or function
- Transact-SQL statements outlining The statements outlining feature surrounds each statement in the T-SQL script with outlining rectangle, similar to regions in .NET code.
- Validate T-SQL syntax Code editor highlighting of T-SQL syntax errors.