TestDriven.NET Has Reached a New Milestone
TestDriven.NET, a TDD add-in for Visual Studio, has reached version 3.0. Some of the new features are: support for MSTest, .NET Reflector 6 Pro, VS 2010, Silverlight 4, NUnit 2.5.3, using the project’s .NET framework and others.
TestDriven.NET, which was developed under the name NUnitAddIn for a number of years, is a Visual Studio add-in that integrates the following testing frameworks: NUnit, MbUnit, ZaneBug, MSTest, NCover, NCoverExplorer, Reflector, TypeMock, dotTrace, MSBee. It is a tool for TDD developers. Some of its main features are:
- Run unit tests within any method, class, namespace, project or solution with a single-click
- Quickly evaluate any method or property as an ad-hoc test
- Jump to any method, type, project or reference inside .NET Reflector
- While debugging view any module or stack frame inside .NET Reflector
- Supports multiple unit testing frameworks including NUnit, MbUnit, xUnit and MSTest
- Runs in its own process for side-effect free testing
- Allows you to easily debug or run code coverage on any target tests
- Supports all major .NET languages (C#, VB, C++ and F#)
Some of the features appearing in TestDriven.NET 3.0 are:
- TestDriven.Net uses the .NET framework the project is using. This is needed since VS 2010 supports using multiple .NET versions.
- Full support for MSTest in VS 2008 and VS 2010.
- Full support for .NET Reflector 6 Pro
- Support for NUnit 2.5.3
- Support for VS 2010
- Support for testing with Silverlight 4
TestDriven.NET is compatible with the following VS versions: Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 running on Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 2003 and 2008 (32 and 64-bit). Support for VS 2003 has been removed.
TestDriven.NET comes in 3 editions:
- Enterprise – with a license per seat
- Professional – with a nominal license
- Personal – free nominal license for students, open source developers, and trial users.
The release notes contain complete details regarding the changes and enhancements appearing in TestDriven.NET 3.0.