QCon London 2013 (March 6-8): Future of Mobile Dev, Finance Track Highlights; New Speakers Added
The 7th annual QCon London will feature over 100 speakers presenting more than 80 presentations across 15 tracks. Last year’s event was completely sold out with over 1,200 attendees: technical team leads, architects, project managers, and senior practitioners from a wide range of industries building and managing large scale applications for the enterprise. Register by January 11th and save up to £341.
Topics from some of this year’s 15 tracks include: Architectural Case Studies, Big Data & NoSQL, Distributed Systems & REST, High Performance & Scalability, Web APIs, Agile in Practice, Hiring Strategies, Cloud Computing, Real Startups, and many more.
Keynotes Confirmed; New Speakers Added
New speakers are being added to the conference website daily. Recent additions include:
- Martin Thompson, High-Performance Computing Specialist
- Andy Gross, Co-Creator of Riak, Chief Architect at Basho
- Mark Nottingham, Principal Technical Yahoo!
- Jesper Richter-Reichhelm, Head of Engineering at Wooga
- Benjamin Mitchell, Systems Thinking, Lean and Kanban for Software Product Development
- Rickard Oberg, Developer of JBoss, Webwork, Xdoclet; Creator, Qi4J
Handheld Banking and the Future of Mobile Development
Several new tracks at QCon London 2013 take a deeper look at the evolution of technology in the finance sector, including handheld banking, and the next generation of mobile apps. Related sessions include:
- Advanced Sensors in Mobile Devices – Adum Blum, CEO of Rhomobile
- New Capabilities of HTML5 Browsers – Maximiliano Firtman, Adobe Community Professional
- A Look Inside The Financial Times Mobile App – Robert Shilston, Director, Labs Division, Financial Times
- Testing iOS Applications – Graham Lee, Security consultant and author of ”Professional Cocoa Application Security
- The Future of Mobile Banking – Michael Nuciforo, Global Mobile Thought Leader & Futurist
- Put a UI Developer in a Bank; See What Happens – Horia Dragomir, Metrics-driven game development
There is no other event in the UK with similar opportunities for learning, networking, and tracking innovation occurring in the enterprise software development community.
Bring your colleagues with you to QCon and take advantage of our group discounts. To get your group discount email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.