Amazon RDS Supports PostgreSQL
A single Postgres RDS instance can scale up to 3 TB of data and 30,000 IOPS. Key Supported features are -
- All the normally supported RDS features such as Multi-AZ Deployments, Provisioned IOPS, Virtual Private Cloud, Automated Backups, Point-in-time Recovery and Cross-Region Snapshot copy
- PostGIS spatial database extender
- PL/Perl, PL/Tcl and PL/pgSQL languages
- Full-text search dictionaries (dict_int, dict_xsyn and unaccent)
- Advanced Data-types such as Hstore, JSON
- dblink that supports connections to other PostgreSQL databases from within a database session
You can learn more about all the extensions supported in the official documentation.
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is a web service that makes it easy to set up, operate and scale a relational database in the cloud. RDS already supports other database engines such as MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server.