What are the Most Important and Mature Cross Platform Mobile Tools?
InfoQ's research widget has been deprecated. It should continue to work however, and we hope to relaunch it at some point in the future.
As part of the new community-driven research initiative, we are examining the importance and adoption level of a range of cross platform mobile tools that aim to help developers deliver applications on a variety of mobile platforms. The tools we're going to examine are:
- PhoneGap (Apache Cordova), an HTML5 app platform that allows you to author native applications with web technologies and get access to APIs and app stores. http://phonegap.com
- Sencha Touch, which is a high-performance HTML5 mobile application framework for iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry. http://www.sencha.com/products/touch/
- Mono iOS/Android, a framework for creating iOS and Android apps, suing C# and .NET. http://xamarin.com/
- Appcelerator, an SDK for developing native, hybrid and mobile web applications from a single codebase. http://www.appcelerator.com/
- Adobe AIR, a framework to build applications that run on the Apple iOS, Google Android, and BlackBerry Tablet OS platforms. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices.html
- Qt , you can use Qt to create apps for Symbian, N9, desktop OSs and for the future BlackBerry 10.. http://www.qt-project.org/
- RhoMobile, a framework for building native apps for iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, and Windows Phone 7. http://rhomobile.com
- Marmelade, which supports 2 development approaches: HTML5 apps which is fully compatible with the PhoneGap API and fully-native C++ apps for the best possible performance. http://madewithmarmalade.com
- Corona, an SDK that aims to deliver, write-once-and-build to iOS, Android, Kindle Fire and NOOK, using Lua on top of C++/OpenGL. http://www.coronalabs.com
- MoSync, an SDK for building apps in C/C++ or HTML5, and currently supports Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60 and Java ME. http://www.mosync.com
- jQuery Mobile, a unified, HTML5-based user interface system for mobile device platforms, built on the jQuery and jQuery UI foundation. http://jquerymobile.com/
- jQTouch, a Zepto/jQuery plugin for mobile web development on the iPhone, Android and other devices. http://www.jqtouch.com/
We are currently using dojo/dijit for an financial application. The app is targeted for the browser, but we have made it run in phone browsers with minimal change and same functionality. dojo also has excellent support for connecting to a REST API, and connections between the REST store and widgets. And the templating 'system' is excellent.
We have been using jQuery/jQueryUI for several years. We find dojo much better.
There;s few come with potential
2) CodeNameOne, Direct solution for Java to mobile world.
The Incredibility of Mature Cross Platform Mobile Tools
Following the early windows SDK evolution
Good Cross Platform Mobile Tools
Cross-Platform Mobile Development Tools - Simply Advanced
Mature Cross Platforms for app development
Cross Platform Mobile Tools
Cross Platform Compatibility
Mobile Application Future
Wrong label for Corona in ranking.
Cross Platform Mobile Tools
Corona and MoSync in developing an my first cross platform transfer content supporting Mobile App SmartIO.
PhoneGap Is Best
to target large number of audience...According to my personal view, this cross-platform frameworks lead the market, so it would be great to adopt this service for your business..
Cell Phone Apps
cell phone spy reviews
Why some of the cross platform development tools FAILED with reason! - agileinfoways.com
- Adobe AIR - The runtime environment here is Adobe Integrated Runtime. Dismissed due to the difficulties of interfacing code in AIR.
- Xamarin - It can only output to intermediate Xamarin libraries, not native ones.
- Appcelerator Titanium - Building native libraries is not officially supported, but it could possibly work if we wrote Titanium extensions which would allow interfacing with native code. Too much trouble, with questionable results, and not sure if it will remain functional in the next Titanium updates…
- Corona - Corona people claim that it is supported for Android, while it's a "coming feature" for iOS.
- MoSync - Same as Corona
- Kony - Not supported
- Trigger.io - Not supported
- OpenFL - Not supported
- DragonRad - Out of date, doesn't seem to support it
Re: Good Cross Platform Mobile Tools
Cross platform Mobile Apps
New cross platform app development frameworks
1) IONIC: IONIC is one of the most promising HTML 5 mobile application frameworks.
2) Mobile Angular UI: is an HTML 5 framework which uses bootstrap 3 and AngularJS to create interactive mobile apps.
3) Intel XDK: is a cross platform application tool developed by Intel. Getting started with Intel XDK is easy, all you need is to download their application which is free and available for Linux, Windows and Mac. There are couple of more cross platform to use with better functionality compare to above
Re: New cross platform app development frameworks