Ruby On Rails State of Practice: Frontend
InfoQ's research widget has been deprecated. It should continue to work however, and we hope to relaunch it at some point in the future.
In a first step (RFP), we asked you for suggestions. We received many answers, and after asking about deployment and management, we now ask a second question about frontend. On the x-axis, you can show us what you’re using right now, or what you’ve moved away from and what you plan to adopt next. The y-axis indicates how valuable you think the specific technology or library is.
Here are the options:
- Bootstrap: Twitter’s front-end framework
- CarrierWave: simple and easy file uploads for Ruby apps
- ERB: Ruby’s template system
- FormTastic: form builder for Rails
- HAML: concise markup language to describe HTML
- JS Templates: a meta item for all JS template systems not mentioned explicitly
- Kaminari: a paginator for Rails
- LESS: extending CSS with dynamic behaviour
- mustache: templating for HTML, source code, etc
- Rails Templates + JS: a meta item if you prefer to let Rails handle the templating
- SASS: more powerful syntax for CSS SimpleForm: flexible and powerful forms DSL
+1 Angular.js, +1 Ember.js