API Management Platforms Capabilities
InfoQ's research widget has been deprecated. It should continue to work however, and we hope to relaunch it at some point in the future.
Every API program needs a set of capabilities to manage the technical and business aspects. The set of capabilities vary for each program based on the criteria for success but with this survey we want to find out which of the following are most valued by API providers:
- API Discovery (Catalog, Search and Provisioning)
- API Security (SSL, PKI, threat protection, schema validation, encryption, signatures, etc)
- API Identity (AuthN & AuthZ, API key, OAuth, SAML, LDAP, proprietary IAM, multifactor, token translation & management)
- API Orchestration (adaptation of multiple services, workflow operations, branching policies, etc.)
- Uniform interface/proxy to multiple backend messaging protocols (JMS, RMI etc)
- Developer and App OnBoarding (Client ID/App Key generation, Interactive API console)
- Community Management (Blogs, Forums, Social features etc)
- API Lifecycle governance (Versioning)
- Traffic Mediation (SOAP to REST mediation, data format transformation, legacy application integration)
- Traffic Shaping( Rate limitation, Caching etc)
- Analytics & Traffic Monitoring
- API metering, Billing and Monetization
- Data Protection(Data encryption, Data masking etc for PCI/PII compliance)
- Mobile Optimization (Pagination, Compression, JSON etc)
- Deployment Flexibility (on-premise, cloud, managed service, SaaS, hybrid)
- Operational Integration (System Monitoring, Clustering, Scalability, Migration)
- Mobile Integration (support for push notifications, geolocation, streaming protocols)
- Cloud Integration (SSO to SaaS providers, IaaS integration, SaaS data connectors, hybrid cloud support)
CloudGate API Management
WSo2 API Manager
- Graphical experience similar to Android Marketplace or Apple App Store.
- Browse APIs by provider, tags or name.
- Self-registration to developer community to subscribe to APIs.
- Subscribe to APIs and manage subscriptions on per-application basis.
- Attach documentation (files, external URLs) to APIs.
- Apply Security policies to APIs (authentication, authorization).
- Associate API available to system defined service tiers.
- Provision and Manage API keys.
- Track consumers per API.
WSO2 API Cloud
WSO2 API Cloud is powered by WSO2 API Manager and it provides some additional features which are pointed out by Rashod Chamikara in his comment above.
More information can be be found at
Note that WSO2 Cloud is a beta service at the moment.
WSO2 Cloud : cloud.wso2.com
API Management - Real user reviews
This user writes: "the way the product is built was really good, we can ramp it up very fast in our organization." To read the rest of the review plus reviews of others in this space, click here: goo.gl/3a0iz6.
Hope this is helpful.